Thursday, August 13, 2009

1st Day of Preschool


I knew this day was coming from the moment he was born. I knew, that one day, I would have to let go(a little) and watch him grow up into a fine young man. TODAY, was that day. We just dropped Aiden off at Preschool. We've been preparing him all summer for this day. Acting excited, telling him all about the new kids he would meet,the fun he would have.....

Leaving out, how it breaks mommy and daddy's heart for him to be so big. Leaving out, the frightening feelings that we both have about this. You know those feelings:

Will he be ok w/out me? Will the other kids be nice to him? Will he be nice to the other kids? I hope he doesn't try and tell them the difference between a penis and a "gina". I hope he has fun. I hope he likes it. I hope he doesn't fall on the playground. Have I taught him enough to get through this?


My baby, my little 6lb 9oz baby, well he's a 3 yr old preschooler now. He'll be bringing me home paintings that he's done,telling me about his day,putting on programs,going on trips to pumpkin patches,learning all sorts of things....my heart is full of emotions. How do parents get through this lol? This is some cruel joke...

"here is a beautiful baby for you to take care of. He will depend on you entirely. You'll have to feed him,change his diapers(lots of them),kiss boo boos,wipe runny noses,teach him to have manners,potty train him,comfort him when he's upset....
Now after doing this day in and day out for 3 yrs, it's time to let go."

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? You mean I have to depend on someone else to take care of him, to do all the motherly things that I have done for him? I am not one that likes to depend on others. I have rarely left him with anyone since he's been born. I can probably count on MY HANDS the times we have left him. I prayed that THIS was not going to hurt him in the future. I prayed, that when the time came,that my parenting skills would teach him that he can do this, that he can be w/out me,that mommy will always be there for him....

so far, he's doing great. He didn't cry when we dropped him off. NOT ONE TEAR. After we pulled away, Joe and I cried.....

2 comments: