Sunday, November 2, 2008

Being sick...

i am sick Pictures, Images and Photos



Has made me realize just how lucky I am. I know, that sounds a bit silly, but as I lay here in bed, my wonderful husband has taken care of my son all day, brought me breakfast in bed,brought me tons to drink, medicine, and put our son down for a nap. Maybe this sounds silly to some, but any mother that has ever been sick and having to take care of her child as well as herself knows that it's HARD. I have often said, that when Joe is sick, he has me to take care of him, bring him food, medicine and whatever else he needs. When I am sick, he is usually at work and I am at home trying to get better and take care of our busy son. Being sick, SUCKS. I hate it. I hate having to lay around all day, watching TV,and reading, all along while my son is downstairs playing and having a good time. I am miserable, can't breathe,coughing,sneezing,blowing my nose and wondering if this will ever end. However, knowing that my husband is doing everything for Aiden, while I rest, is the best feeling ever. Any mother that has ever been sick and had to take care of others will tell you how hard it is to "get better" when she can't seem to get rest or concentrate on what she needs. Being a mom, I have to say is the hardest thing I have ever done. I know you've all heard it before. Often times, OK so most of the time, I put my family before myself. I don't get a break, or vacation very often. My son comes first, his needs are always met before my own. The past couple of weeks, I have been exhausted. All I do it seems is GO! Rest, well that is for wimps! Who needs rest? There is too much to do.

Now, I sit here, watching "The Wedding Singer" on TV for the billionth time and realizing that this exhaustion that I have been feeling, was just my bodies way of telling me to slow down. I didn't, so now, I am sick. Started out a miserable cold and now, it's an URI. So my lesson learned from this: I too, need a break sometime. The plethora of laundry that never seems to get done, will be there tomorrow. The never ending duty of cleaning these floors, well that will be there tomorrow too. All the things that seem so important, just doesn't seem so important when I am laying here in bed, looking like I have been hit by a train and missing out on my son.

So to all you moms out there...

Take a break. Do it for you and do it for your family. AND I pray that all of you have a wonderful husband just like I do. One that will just take over for you if you need him to.

*this old lady on "The Wedding Singer" cracks me up! haha

1 comment:

T- said...

I hope you are feeling better! Yay to your DH for letting you rest.

And I love the Wedding Singer. The old lady is a riot.