Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our summer trip

This year Aiden wanted to go back to the Smokey Mountains, so we went back to Gatlinburg. We had a lot of fun and I think we could have stayed a little longer...as usual.



View from our cabin, "A Time To Remember". Look it up online, it was a great place to stay, although I would much rather be way up in the mountains :) but when you book your cabin a month before you go, you don't have a whole lot of options this time of year.

Some people don't like having kitchens on vacation. However, I would be lost with out a kitchen lol. We grilled burgers one night, I made baked beans and it was nice. One of the biggest reasons we like this area so much is b/c instead of staying in a hotel where you can hear what's going on in the next room, you can rent a cabin/chalet and have your own private area. I wish you could do this everywhere you went. Totally worth it to us.

Aiden loved having the pool table in our cabin. He had so much fun playing. Yes, he's a little monkey :)

We had a ball racing these cars. Aiden went with Joe and I had my own car. I think Aiden enjoyed this day more than any other day.

We had to remind ourselves that he's just four years old lol. His absolute favorite thing was the arcades, and there are tons of them in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. If it has wheels, he wants to drive it.

Joe helped him pop balloons. This was the same place the car racing was and it had an arcade, so he was a happy little boy that day LOL. Joe didn't shave the whole time there, which was starting to gross me out a little LOL.

And this is what he won :) (truth be told, the dude behind the desk popped balloons if he didn't get one, and Joe prepaid the dude $30 for this giant alligator lol) The things we do to make our kid(s) happy huh? It was worth it, just to see the smile on his face.

We rode a Tram up a mountain to a shopping center and fun park. You could take the Tram back down the mountain when you were done or SLIDE down the mountain. I was all for the slidding lol, but we would have had to tie the stroller up to one hahahahahaha so we rode the Tram back down. Next year, I am slidding down that mountain, they better get ready. You hear that Joe and Aiden? Mommy is gonna slide!!!!



The views from the Tram were amazing. If you've never been to the Smokey Mountains, I highly suggest you take a trip there. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth! I could live there.

If you make it to Pigeon Forge, TN you must take your kids to Wonderworks. It is so much fun. When you walk in, you are walking on the ceiling and looking up, you see the floor and all the doors are upside down :) There is tons of stuff to do here, you could stay all day.

Joe and Aiden flying a space ship at Wonderworks.

Making music at Wonderworks. I can't remember what song they were trying to play, but it was pretty funny.

There is so much to do in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN that a whole week there doesn't even cut it. We were never bored and had so much fun just going to eat Dinner lol. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co in Gatlinburg is so much fun and the food is awesome. They have the best Strawberry Lemonade ever. I even bought my little man a t-shirt that says, "My momma says I'm Special" hehe
Since we've been home, Aiden has asked a million times if we were going back to the cabin. I think he enjoyed himself :) and we enjoyed getting Joe all to ourselves that week. It's rare to have him all to ourselves ;)

No comments: