Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm an Aunt, I'm an Aunt......

Today, I became an Aunt. My little sister had her first baby today. I am so proud of her. Words can NOT express the joy I feel and the pride I feel for her and for this sweet little boy. Lucas Michael James was born a little after 11AM today, weighing 5 lbs 8oz and 17in long!  He is perfect. My heart is so full. I look at my own son then look at little Lucas and can't believe that it's been almost 5 yrs ago since I went through that! She is my sister LOL, she labored for 4 1/2 hrs and pushed him out like a pro! I labored for 4 hrs. Apparently, when we want our babies out, we waste NO time LOL.

He's so tiny and it's so hard to believe that one day, he will be as big as his excited cousin, my son, Aiden. Aiden didn't want to leave his cousin Lucas. I think he's gonna be pretty protective :) which, makes me a proud mom. I looked back at pics of Aiden as a newborn, and little Lucas favors Aiden in some ways. Makes me wanna cry lol.

One day, he'll be wearing hats like you son ;)

Little feet, tiny toes, he has them all, I promise :)

Love that facial expression! he's gonna be opinionated like the rest of my family hehe.


Today, has been one of the happiest days of my life. My sister's life has changed forever. For the better, I might add. We've waited 4 yrs for this little guy, the wait was definately worth it. Christmas Eve of last year, we found out a new additon was coming, and today, here he is. He is going to be one spoiled boy.....especially by ME. hehe.

No comments: