Monday, August 18, 2008

it's that time of the year again...

It's that time of the year again. Time for colds and all the little illnesses that go around. I am not ready for it at all. Aiden woke up this morning w/a stuffy and runny nose. UHHHH OHHH I thought. He was a bit grumpy yesterday and my first thought was that I really hope it doesn't mean he's getting sick. As I am writing this, I too, have a stuffy nose. I really hate this time of the year JUST for this reason. I love the leaves starting to change, the crisp air, the smell of fall, and the hot apple cider. BUT I hate being sick and hate my family being sick.

One could say, "wash your hands like crazy, use hand sanitizer and disinfect every single surface like crazy." Yeah I guess I could do that. The washing of the hands is a must. BUT for crying out loud, who wants to live their life in fear of illnesses? I don't. I want my son to be able to be a kid. People are going to get sick, kids are going to get colds and spread them around. This is life. I just don't like that part of life lol!

Sometimes I wish that I could hibernate all winter like bears do lol! But think of all we would miss out on!!!

No comments: