Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. The best Mother's Day present I got was Aiden wrapping his little arms around my neck, laying his head on my shoulder and saying, "I love you Mommy!" I almost cried. It was so sweet and sincere. We had family over all day yesterday, we grilled some great food,played the Wii, and enjoyed each others company. What could be better than that???

WELL, Joe and Aiden bought me a sewing machine. WOOOOHOOOO! May not be what some would want. However, I am allergic to all things that grow, lmao, so Joe knew not to get flowers. I am so excited to start sewing stuff. I bought a pattern for an apron and hope to get started on that soon. I also want to learn to hem pants. Joe and I are both short and all our pants are 10 times too long lol. It's really annoying. Joe was super excited at the thought of me learning this lol. If any of you sewers have any tips, I would appreciate them!!! (Joe would too hehe)

Sorry for the poor pic quality but the lighting in my house(the back of it) sucks. I have huge windows in the front of our house but it's the foyer and we are rarely in that part of the house. The back of our house, which has the living room and kitchen is dark. Which is great most of the time, but sucks when you are trying to take pictures lol.

3 comments:

Ladybird said...

Awesome gift! I would love to have a sewing machine....then maybe I would learn to sew! My mother is the sewing/quilting/ pottery/knitting/basket weaving/ cross stitching queen. Maybe one day I will learn to be crafty like her! Can't wait to see what you sew first!!!!

Unknown said...

Super neat! Looks like a great machine! Can't wait to see your first project.

Christine said...

Congratulations on the new sewing machine. She's lovely.

Hemming pants is really quick on the machine and a lot more durable than hand hemming. You'll have it down in no time.

Thanks for visiting.

Christine
http://sewing.today.com/